Tuesday 29 November 2011

Christmas in a box

I’ve never really been one to put up my Christmas decorations early, but with December around the corner and Christmas a little over three weeks away, it is definitely on my radar and something I hope to get around to this weekend.
Last year I was the lucky winner of ‘Christmas in a box’ – a box of hand crafted Christmas decorations from the gorgeous Belinda Graham from The Happy Home.
I’m just crazy about red and white colour combinations on any given day, but for Christmas I can’t go past red and white for its simplicity and vibrancy, so I was most excited about adding Belinda's decorations to my festive décor.
Image: The Happy Home 

Some of the 'Christmas in a box' decorations displayed in Belinda’s home -  including the Christmas carol garlands, tissue-paper pom pom garland (on the tree), the doily star and the red and white paper fan wheel decoration (both on the wall).
I LOVE this garland! Image: The Happy Home
Belinda’s stunning red and white paper garland which I am now the proud owner of, together with Christmas cards and gift tags on the branches.  Belinda’s instructions for the garland and other Christmas crafts can be found on her blog here. 

A very special brown paper package tied up with string.
 
Unwrapping the package in my bare, yet-to-be styled lounge room. We moved into our house the week Belinda’s package arrived, so looking back now, I’m actually surprised the room wasn’t in complete and utter chaos.
My home: A festive entrance.
We hosted a family dinner at our place on Christmas eve and Belinda's letter garlands were definitely a talking point.  See Belinda's instructions for this project here at Kidspot.com.au
Not the best photo… but shows Belinda’s paper garland perfectly complementing the red and white striped baubles on my stick 'tree'.
I also displayed the rest of the 'Christmas in a box' decorations last year, but with every window in the house temporarily covered with construction plans in lieu of curtains and lots of other last minute mini-renovation jobs and unpacking chaos still going on, I was limited as to where I could put them. The spots I did find weren’t exactly photo-worthy, so I've included some more of Belinda's photos of her crafts below.
I hope to have better pictures to share of my 2011 decorating efforts, and I may even trade in my sticks for an actual tree. Stay tuned!

Paper decorations. Image: The Happy Home  
Belinda’s instructions for making these can be found here on Kidspot.com.au

Doily snowflakes. Image: The Happy Home


Cute as a button. Belinda’s white button wreath. Image: The Happy Home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...